How Real Time Feedback Works
Let your customers and employees know that they can now send your managers instant Feedback during their visit to your establishment and receive an immediate response.
Customers and employees can utilize Real Time Feedback to let you know about their experience with your business in real time.
Managers can now respond to Feedbacks via the in-app chat function that will generate a text message response back to the Feedbacker.
Any issues can now be solved in real time before your customers leave your business unhappy.
Simple as 1-2-3
Get instant notifications when a customer leaves Feedback
- Control which employees receive notifications, and when
- Customize notifications for either app push notifications or email (or both)
- Add internal notes to a Feedback only other employees can see
Directly reach out to those customers to address the issue while it’s happening
- Communicate with customers who left Feedback via chat, phone call, or email
- Clarify where you may have gone wrong, and what can be done to fix it
- Prevent a negative review by intervening to go above and beyond
Use customer Feedback to improve your business
- View the details of each Feedback submitted, including uploaded photos or videos
- Search and review previous Feedback to discover where improvements to your service can be made
- Learn more about the customers leaving you Feedback and how you should interact with them in the future
Watch the Real Time Feedback Explainer Video
Ways Businesses Can Inform Customers About Real Time Feedback
My waiter is giving me bad service.
There are people in theater 5 that are being really loud.
Your employee Michael was very rude to me.
You should really have a diaper changing table in the men’s restroom
My entree that I ordered did not taste very fresh.
I was at your store at opening time
at 8am but no one unlocked the door until 8:30
Your parking lot is full of carts.
The vending machine in your lobby won’t accept bills
Your women’s bathroom was very dirty.
You have an employee texting on their phone in one of the aisles.